Couple of comments that don't directly answer the question ;-). The buffers for
ServletResponse and JspWriter are independent entities. So, even if you set
your JSP page to be unbuffered:

<%@ page buffer="none" %>

it won't change the buffer size of your response. Also, the spec language for
setting the size of the buffers is, "at least as large as the size requested"
and "not less than that specified". So, in theory, these two directives:

<%@ page buffer="1kb" %>
<%@ page buffer="100kb" %>

could result in the same size buffer. I don't have any data on how different
containers behave in practice.

D.O.Tech       <http://www.dotech.com/>