I have to be honest and say I've never used a filter except for one situation to do security on the input side, a very basic application. How would you envision it being used for the output?

From: "Marco Mistroni" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: Strus Web Service Enablement
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 10:15:43 +0100

Hi,
        My 2 cents.... I think that is a great idea!!!!

Do u think that using a filter for the response will help?

Last year I did something similar (wrote a Struts-based webapp
That I was talking to using J2ME and KSOAP..but all I was able
To do was to extend existing action and dump the generated XML
Into the response.getWriter().write()... I was using axis btw for
XML stuff on the serverside)

Regards
        marco