You can set the scope attribute of your action mappings to session, then you don't have to do the code you have below. The form instance that is passed into execute() will either be what was in session, or a newly created one.

I'm not sure about the answer to the second part of your question, but I'm about 99.99% sure you can still use it (anyone else verify?)

Frank

From: "Kunal H. Parikh" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: Single ActionForm accross multiple Actions
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 10:34:27 +1000

Great ...... thanks for all the responses...

I think I will go with the ActionForm stored in session-scope.

Just wanting to confirm, that I will need to perform the following code
changes:

==================
public ActionForward execute( ActionMapping actionMapping, ActionForm
actionForm, HttpServletRequest httpServletRequest, HttpServletResponse
httpServletResponse ) throws Exception
{
        actionForm = httpServletRequest.getSession().getAttribute("myForm");
        // ...
        // normal code follows!!!
}
==================

Also, would I be correct in saying that I will be unable to use the
ValidatorActionForm.

TIA,

Kunal

-----Original Message----- From: Frank Zammetti [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Tuesday, 8 June 2004 23:21 To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: RE: Single ActionForm accross multiple Actions

This is more or less what a session-scope ActionForm is for. As long as the

ActionForm class contains all the properties and methods for all the screen
it will service, just putting it in session I think is your best bet.  As
someone else said, hidden form fields are your other choice.  Actually, you
could also store the data temporarily to a database, but if you would even
consider that, session is really the right answer.

Frank