Any chance you could pass that JSP along? Sounds like something I could write in a few minutes, but better to only take a few seconds if you can send it to me :)

Frank

From: "Linck, Ken" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: Single ActionForm accross multiple Actions
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 14:31:59 -0400

We didn't find anything automatic for showing whats in session.

We created a JSP which iterated through the session attributes. For each
object, determined if its serilizable and if so convert it into a byte array
output stream. We get the size of the stream and also dumped the content to
the jsp. We added the size up to get total size for session.

It also helped us to determine what was not implementing the serializable
interface for resolving clustering issues, etc.

-----Original Message----- From: Frank Zammetti [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Wednesday, June 09, 2004 2:02 PM To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: RE: Single ActionForm accross multiple Actions

I had that thought too, but I don't know enough about WebSphere to know if
it does that all the time... I know that I just installed 5.0 on a test box
and didn't have to set up a database or anything, so unless it (a) set one
up itself and is using it "under the hood", or (b) is persisting to the file
system, which I tend to doubt, then I'm thinking along the same lines as you
I think, which is to say that this recommendation, while probably valid all
the time, doesn't carry the same weight if session is in-memory only.

Can anyone shed more light on this?

Frank