Any thoughts anybody?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Cranford" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, June 17, 2004 12:17 PM
Subject: Forms/JSP

I have created a form hierarchy as follows:
  public class CheckboxPagedForm extends ActionForm
  public class MaintenanceForm extends CheckboxPagedForm

I did this because there are form-specific attributes for the maintenance
form, but we have multiple forms which are going to need to leverage the
paged checkbox form stuff.  In the maintenance.jsp I need to open a new
window and work with only the data in the base class "CheckboxPagedForm".

What I'd like to do is have this JSP common so that no matter what extended
form calls it, it gets the data, permits the user to make changes to the
data and then when the window is closed, the data gets sent back to the
"maintenanceform" with a parameter that tells it to update itself,etc.

Right now I had to write my JSP so that I checks like:

<logic:present name="maintenanceForm">
  .. do maintenance form logic
</logic:present>
<logic:present name="searchForm">
  .. do search form logic
</logic:present>

Is there not a way that no matter what the extended form is, since both are
"checkboxpageform", I can just reference that?

Thanks
Chris