Hello,

maybe someone can help. I've tried to deploy two struts applications to two tomcat test servers (one running tomcat 5.0 and one running tomcat 4.1) but I can't get it to work on neither of them.

For development purposes I had all required jar files in the application's WEB-INF lib. Then I've removed them all and deployed my war files to the servers.

I've put all the struts _war_ files from the jakarta-struts-1.1/webapps dir into my server's _webapps_ dir as described in the installation part of the struts documentation.

After restarting the _servers_ all applications in my webapps folder were properly deployed but my own struts application (which is not located in the webapps dir) could neither find the struts classes nor any other classes required.

Does anybody know why?

How can I make Tomcat (4 and 5) find the struts jar files i.e. classes?

The only way I can get my application running is to put all required jars into the application's WEB-INF/lib directory. Since this is not my only struts application I end up with multiple copies of theses jar files on the same server.

It works that way, but that's not how it's supposed to work, or is there something I am missing?

Any help is appreciated.

Greetings

Michael Kastner