This is not a struts issue. You have a few choices. JavaScript is a poor one, in my opinion. Use two response objects: one to give them the option and the second to give them the option the second time. Another way to do this is to archive the record instead of deleting it and only delete it upon confirmation. You can archive the record by creating a boolean archive value in the record. There are lots of solutions, of course.