If you are using approach #3 then extend HttpServlet. However, you should not need to be accessing the ActionServlet from the init servlet. Perhaps you could provide some more background on what you are trying to accomplish.

manoj JC wrote:

Can somebody provide some sample code to do this. Please look at this link http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?StrutsInitialization.
I want to use #3 approach mentioned in this link.

My questions are :

(A stupid question) Does this initialization class that I would specify in web.xml, should it be a servlet,ActionServlet, or most importantly could it be a just an ordinary java class.

How do I access this servlet entry(this instance of class) from my main ActionServlet?

Thank you