Thank you for answering the first part of the question.

What I am trying to do is, this MyXMLParserServlet(the new entry in web.xml) parses an XML file. From my main ActionServlet.process() , I want to do something like MyXMLParserServlet.getElement() . I won't be calling this method from the init() method of my actionServlet.

Thanks again.

From: Bill Siggelkow <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: How to execute an initialization by using another servlet entry in web.xml
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 08:51:29 -0400

If you are using approach #3 then extend HttpServlet. However, you should not need to be accessing the ActionServlet from the init servlet. Perhaps you could provide some more background on what you are trying to accomplish.

manoj JC wrote:

Can somebody provide some sample code to do this. Please look at this link http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?StrutsInitialization.
I want to use #3 approach mentioned in this link.

My questions are :

(A stupid question) Does this initialization class that I would specify in web.xml, should it be a servlet,ActionServlet, or most importantly could it be a just an ordinary java class.

How do I access this servlet entry(this instance of class) from my main ActionServlet?

Thank you