From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, July 08, 2004 9:10 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: [OT] how to calculate the size of an object

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&q=size+java+object

The first one looks promising.

Dennis

Navjot Singh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

07/08/2004 11:57 AM

Please respond to
"Struts Users Mailing List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Struts Users Mailing List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

cc

Subject
[OT] how to calculate the size of an object

hi,

I use SAX parser to load an LDIF file into memory. Whatsoever data i
read, i fill into an object.

I need to know *the size of LDIFData object* at runtime. How to do that?

Well the class structure is something like this

public class LDIFData{
                ArrayList cards; // collection of Card
                String filename;
                long lastLoadedTime;
}

public class Card{
                String name;
                String email
                String mobile;

regards
Navjot Singh

When you jump for joy, beware that no-one moves the ground from beneath
your feet. -- Stanislaw Lem, "Unkempt Thoughts"