Yes, I think that's a great improvement. Still, I feel like Struts should be responsible for managing the scopes and the placement of the form bean into the correct scope.

Also, and this may just be because I got on the "view controller" horse a long time ago, but I feel like there should be a config file that knows the name and scope of the form bean, and it should be hooked to the forward config, and not hard-coded into the action.

Am I just being too much of a formalist?

Joe