Da: Erik Weber [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Inviato: luned́ 12 luglio 2004 18.17
A: Struts Users Mailing List
Oggetto: Re: Prepopulating forms

Joe, thanks for your opinion. You and Rick have convinced me to stay
with one form page for add/update. I did this before in a non-struts
app, and despite all the conditionals I ended up with, the ensuing
layout revisions did make it worth it.

So, Joe, I am not using Dyna Forms, just plain old form beans. (I may
refactor my DTOs/VOs and form beans into some base class because of all
the shared fields, but for now, I'm getting a lot of use out of a bean
generator I wrote). Are you agreeing then, that the best approach
(currently) is to create an action for the view screen (in this case,
the "update" form page), and in that action, obtain a VO and use the
values from that to set the properties of the ActionForm? You are saying

if I do this I need to explicity set a key to the form as a request
attribute? (Somehow I assumed that the form already would be set as an
attribute and that all I would need to do is modify the values of it).

Thanks again,
Erik