On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 12:16:51 -0400, Lykins Don H Contr AFSAC/ITS
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> wow....cool..
> i see you work for lands end...doesn't their customer site use it?
> ((landsend.com))
>
> how do you know your list of sites actually use struts (by the .do)?

Part of this is the honor system. Simon has an entry for the VeriSign
Digital Brand Management System. That link points to the company PR
site for the service which itself doesn't use Struts. However, the
actual service which can only be seen by customers that signup for the
service and get an account does indeed have the entire front-end
webapp written in Struts. I know this because I work at VeriSign and
one of my first jobs there was to port the existing version of this
service from an outdated proprietary approach to use Struts. I asked
Simon to list the VeriSign entry and I believe most of the other
entries showed up in the same manner.

This service is not the only service that we implement with Struts.
Due to the success of the port of that service to Struts, the security
services engineering group that I am a part of has ported several
other services to Struts and written several completely new services
using Struts since then. Some of these services have thousands of
customers.

Finally, the extension for your Struts actions is configurable. In our
case, the extension is usually representative of the service. For a
managed security services customer console, we used the extension
".mss".

--
- Mike "Van" Riper
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]