Hi,

First of all I'd like to thank the contributors of this mailinglist. I'm
using struts for over 1.5 years now and i always found answers in
archives.

In this mailinglist and in the contrib/el there is often suggested that
the best way to prepare for smooth transition to JSP 2.0 is to use el
tags now and once the application runs on a container that supports JSP
2.0 just change the links to the tags in web.xml.

Well found an inconvenience in the fact that the define tag was not
ported.

I have a value in a request variable that specifies who many page items
should be displayed on the page.
But because the pager tag hasn't el capabilities i had to use the define
tag like:

<bean:define id="pageItems" name="optionsForm" property="pageItems"
type="java.lang.Integer"/>

<pg:pager
        maxPageItems="<%=pageItems.intValue()%>">

//items
</pg:pager>

In the el way it should be like:

<c:set var="pageItems" value="${optionsForm.pageItems}"/>

<pg:pager
        maxPageItems="<%=pageItems.intValue()%>">

//items
</pg:pager>

--> but the var pageItems can't be use in scriptlet (not in c or c_rt)

So I guess is there a way to work around this without declaring the
pageItems like this?

<% Integer pageItems =
((com.mycompany.foo.struts.OptionsForm)request.getAttribute("optionsForm
")).getItems();%>

Thank you
Kris.