* jars - I guess its obvious to say you need to replace the jars, but the
one people might forget is the new commons-validator.jar for version 1.1.3
of validator. I'm not sure where you can download this from currently,
except the Struts 1.2.1 distro includes it.

* tlds - remember to deploy the new versions of the tld files for struts
tags. If you don't you won't be able to use the new tag attributes added.

* validator.xml - change the dtd declaration at the top to refer to the dtd
for validator 1.1.3

  <!DOCTYPE form-validation PUBLIC
          "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Commons Validator Rules
Configuration 1.1.3//EN"
          "http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/dtds/validator_1_1_3.dtd";>

* validator-rules.xml - upgrade to the new version of validator-rules.xml.
In the Struts 1.2.1 version the dtd declaration in validator-rules.xml is
incorrect - its right in the latest nightly build - either use that or just
change the dtd declaration as shown above in the 1.2.1 version of
validator-rules.xml.

* struts-config.xml - its not absolutely necessary but you should upgrade to
the 1.2 version of the dtd (Note that as well as the version number changing
so has the url to struts.apache.org).

     <!DOCTYPE struts-config PUBLIC
       "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Struts Configuration 1.2//EN"
       "http://struts.apache.org/dtds/struts-config_1_2.dtd";>

 If you do upgrade to the 1.2 version dtd then there are a couple of
attributes which have been removed and you will need to remove them from
your struts-config:
    - debug has been removed from the "controller" element.
    - dynamic has been removed from the "form-bean" element

Also "contextRelative" in the "forward" element is now considered
"deprecated" and a new "module" attribute added.

The only other thing I did was change references to ActionError to
ActionMessage - its wasn't necessary to do it, but it got rid of the
"deprecation" warnings when I compile.

Niall