At 01:06 PM 8/10/2004, you wrote:
 But comparing Struts to Servlets makes no sense.

SUre it does... as he says later.. how do I forward to a completed action... Since in servlets there is no action. The only forward there is, is a real forward, not a struts style forward. Not to mention that most servlets, in the early days did consist of nothing but out.println("") statements ( as Wendy correctly remembered). Having written a few of those.. I really liked it when JSP's when they came out :)

I am sure he is not interested in those uses for Servlets. I am trying to be practical and help the guy.

I guess there are some "comparisons". You are right about that. The Struts ActionForward is based, ultimately, on forwarding relating to web technology and not completely unrelated to Servlets. That is true. That is also true about redirects.

But, I do think Denis will be better served to step back a moment and to see that the comparison is not between Struts and Servlets but between all the various alternative ways of using Servlet technology out there and the way that Struts uses Servlet technology.

Michael