Wow.  I unleashed a beast.  Next time I'll ask the question
waaaaaaaaay before I have to leave work.

I have to thank you all for your input.  The discussion on Servlets
and Struts and how they relate (or don't) was in itself very helpful
to understanding how the things work.

I will take your advice and tutorials and start from web.xml.

One of the things I love about my job is that I always learn something
on every project, be it Struts, or a taglib or (in this case a "missed
step") Servlet.

Thank you!

Denis