At 07:23 AM 8/11/2004, you wrote:
I was wondering how the request parameter gets set to null. Because, we
include the request parameter as a hidden property in the JSP, the
javascript method is always called with a hard coded string as argument
e.g.  html:submit onclick="setAction('applyChanges')" value="Apply Changes"
, and the parameter has a default value set in the form.

Try and see what the value of the parameter on the page is in the Action. You may have a simple spelling issue. Without knowing what the machinations are in your code, and they sound pretty "complexified", there is not much we can do out here to help. To be crystal clear, one of the following things is happening:

1. The value of the hidden parameter begins with null and is not being reset.
2. The value of the hidden parameter begins not null and is set to null.
3. The name of the hidden parameter is the same as the parameter attribute in your action mapping.
4. The name of the hidden parameter is not the same as the parameter attribute in your action mapping.
5. The names of the parameters in your action mapping, your form and your ActionForm are consistent.
6. The names of the parameters in your action mapping, your form and your ActionForm are not consistent.
7. Your actionscript is working as planned.
8. Your actionscript is not working.
9. Your actionscript is not working as planned.

Or, one the preceding things is not happening.

I think your solution really looks way too complicated. This is a lot of chances at error for a simple switch.

Michael