Ah, okay.. I also posted a link to the struts way to do the JNDI data source stuff....
in that case.. you follow your web app servers guide on how to setup a data source,
then you follow the destructions for a normal jndi data source. Something like:

/**
     *
     */
    public static DataSource getDataSource() throws NamingException {
        if (ds == null) {
            Context ctx = (Context) new InitialContext();
            ds =
                (DataSource) ctx.lookup(
                    "jdbc/yourDataSource);
        }