> See Section SRV.4.4 of the Servlet Spec.  In brief, and modulo URL
> encoding differences, the following equation is required to be true:
>
>   requestURI = contextPath + servletPath + pathInfo

Thanks Craig!  That definitely saved me time.  I have full confidence
that with this information I will win my case.  I brought this to the
attention of the list because it is important information (and so that
when I move on to another job, hopefully the good readers of this list
will have updated their configurations so that I don't have to deal
with these bogus configurations again).

Dan