>> Um, I don't know. What do you mean? I thought that's what I did when I
>> specified name='foo["Interior/Exterior"]'
>
><interceptor-ref name="params"/>
>    <param name="paramNames">......</param>
></interceptor-ref>
>

>Regards
>--
>Łukasz

Do you mean acceptedParamNames? (
http://struts.apache.org/2.2.1/struts2-core/apidocs/com/opensymphony/xwork2/interceptor/ParametersInterceptor.html
)
That seems fragile for my use case because the dynamic fields can be
updated in the database and then not updated in the struts.xml and then
suddenly the app. breaks. I appreciate the suggestion though as a possible
work-around.

Too bad that acceptedPattern doesn't have a setter, although I don't know
if adding a "/" would break something else. Perhaps that's why it doesn't
have a setter.