> IMO coupling field labels to semantic constructs is a Bad Idea

You make good points as usual. This particular app. is poised to become
international, so perhaps a different approach has come of age? I'm forced
in that direction anyway. As with most companies I've worked at (I'm
contracting here), there are areas of evolution needed within the
application on account of prior decisions. This particular use case isn't
exactly well detailed in patterns (at least that I'm aware of), so I can
give some grace on those decisions. Thanks for the help!

- Eric