If the need is across the application, then modifying the app-wide
interceptor makes sense.

App-wide rule-based validations require something higher-level than
reworking existing validators, or writing new ones, to express something
that is likely declarative in nature. Seems more like "run this bunch of
validations based on this condition"--rather than simply look up
validations based on the action name, lookup should be based on the
condition(s).

That's mechanism-level, not validate-level.

d.