Yes, of course you are right.

But what you talking about sounds like to change S2 mechanism itself,
which we can not do.
As a S2 user but not a S2 developer, the simplest way is to write a
new validator......

Of course, If the [pre-condition based validation] is a common
request, I think it will be great if we post it to the S2 feature
request list.