Use Case: request some protected resource -> redirect action for authentication
-> access protected resource.

I'm using a custom interceptor that redirects (redirectAction) to a global
result if no user object is found in session. The final action result then
redirects to a login page.

The interceptor gets the original action requested (using
request.getServletPath(), but not sure if this is right), and puts it in the
value stack. It would be used with dynamic redirection in the final result upon
login success( ${nextAction} ) . This action must be passed in between
redirections.

But I need to reuse the original request. Reconstructing the request with a
query string is not an option. I need the original request: GET/POST method,
all parameters/values, maybe uploading binary content (inputstream), maybe
headers...

Is it possible to do this? How?

------

Partially related to this: I'm having problems with redirections. The original
request parameters are forwarded only using dispatcher result . If I use
redirectAction or redirect, original params are lost. Why?