How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? I have freed myself of scriptlets on all pages except my entry page. I just have not bothered to clean up the entry page as yet. I think getting rid of them is a good philosophical position but it is so because the result practice is SOOOOO much better. The issue is really more pactical, as you suggest, than philosophical. Screw the philosophy if it does not work.

Michael

Woodchuck wrote:

sorry to bring this up on a Friday...

does everyone here have pure Struts/JSTL jsp pages that is absolutely
void of scriptlets?

or do you have jsp pages that use a combination of Struts/JSTL and
scriptlets, all living together harmoniously using whichever method is
easiest/cleanest?

is mixing Struts/JSTL with traditional scriptlets a bad thing?

i have to say that i would prefer to *not* mix scriptlets with
Struts/JSTL but in some situations it seems scriptlets is the better
solution (in terms of code maintainability).  that is, it would be
easier to use a little snippet of scriptlet here and there instead of
making a round-about (albeit clever) and more verbose way of doing the
same thing without scriptlets...

any opinions is welcome!  i want to be able to sleep without nightmares
about this!!  :)