On 12/27/2017 9:16 PM, Dave Weis wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 27, 2017 at 11:43 AM, Yasser Zamani <yasserzam...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
>> On 12/27/2017 8:42 PM, Dave Weis wrote:
>>> It would make things substantially
>>> more convenient but I like the declarative method so there's no question
>> as
>>> to intention.
>>
>> If I understood your high level English well  ;) you are worry about if
>> convention plugin ties your hand on results? No, you can explicitly
>> define your result when you need or wish via @Result annotation [1].
>>

> Sorry ;-)
>
> The reason I like using struts.xml is that when someone sits down to my
> code base there's a single file to look at to see every action and result
> definition. I'm worried about what's fastest for development versus what's
> going to be easiest to understand for someone (or me) in a year when they
> try to figure out why auth.LogoutAction is getting called when there's
> nothing referencing it in the configuration files.

As far as I see, it seems convention plugin does not make it harder to
understand because it doesn't have a lot and complex rules. Even maybe
it makes easier to navigate for new team members who know rules.

I think if you wish to decrease number of decisions your developers can
make, then use it, and if you wish to give your developers more freedom
:) then don't use it. If you like `defaults` and you usually on
defaults, then use it as default and override when needed not usually,
but if you usually to override, then don't use.