My suggestion or feature request is not an original idea by any means.
This is how 4GLs (4th Generation Language) work or what they are.
I would even go so far as to say the plugin I suggested does meet the  4GL
definition  completely.
4GLs I have come across are CA OPENROAD , ORACLE FORMS, Visual Basic in FAT
client environments.
(two tier, synchronous communication tightly coupled ).
4GLs like OpenRoad and oracle forms were provided by Database companies,
when the architecture was database centric .

As you know we are now working in a network centric environment where there
is a minimum 3 tier  architectural requirement.
browser, application server, database.
Database is no longer the center of the architecture,
So now it should be the application server companies like spring providing
these plugins.
Alongside the  https://start.spring.io/   initialzr website.

If I put my mind to it I could probably knock one off,
But my focus is some where else and I don't want to divert my attention.

How important is such a feature ?
In my view and from my experience It could add millions of GBP to one
companies bottom line.
That's what the 4GLs did for who those realised the value of it.

Also in my previous post I was referring closing  body TAG </body>.

Please correct me if  I is my understand but the controller is the servlet.

<filter-class>org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.filter.StrutsPrepareAndExecuteFilter</filter-class>

I was referring to the the auto generation of actions class
public class SomeClass  extends ActionSupport {}

Best Regards

Zahid