Hibernate is cool.... but having done a lot of hibernate, and just starting iBatis...
I like iBatis much better.
I've had to code around some object models to get around things that hibernate would
not do.  Things like:
Project 1--N Artifact <--UseCaseDiagram 1 -- N Actor
                                                    1 -- N UseCase
Then try and set the actor field in use case, then update the model, and Hibernate
chokes.  Tried from Project, Artifact, UseCaseDiagram, Actor and UseCase objects, and
it just won't do it.  Much easier to map this in iBatis and get it to work... more
handcoding, but it works.  Also easier to just work with Actor and UseCase objects in
this case, without always bringin along the rest of the model too.