Lai Boon Hui wrote:

I am just playing around with struts-blnak.war that
comes with all dist.

The reason that the references to resources works is that the references really refer to the files in question. Just any old name won't do. So, if you use a file name that is totally different from the file you are trying to reference, that won't work. This is not magic. I know you know that, but try to remember that there have to be connections between the things you are talking about. Do you understand? When resources are sought under /classes, they are sought in much the same way that CLASSPATH works under /classes, except there is a seeking. Try to figure out how resources are sought by the ClassLoader class.

Michael