> managing a request attribute in the session by setting it and then making sure we
> pop it out at the view is messing and defies the semantic use of the request scope.
>
> that's why it is bad practice.

Don't shoot me if I'm wrong but HTTP is stateless so without any of:
cookie, session, browser politeness (HTTP referer), hidden field with
url, server won't be know where you come from (and in request scope
you will won't have any information where user was before clicking
Submit) ...

Regards,
Adrian