> you can use JNDI to get a DataSource (if you use tomcat see tomcat
> documentation in order to set the datasource).
> Here an example code to use inside the singleton object:
>
> //Get DB from JNDI
> try {
>       Context initCtx = new InitialContext();
>       Context envCtx = (Context) initCtx.lookup("java:comp/env");
>       DataSource dataSource = (DataSource)
> envCtx.lookup("jdbc/DatabaseSource");
>
> } catch ( NamingException e ) {
>       //Handle Source Code Exception
> }

This is a nice solution, but I would like to use the DataSource
configuration in struts-config.xml.
I noticed that there is the "ConfigHelper.getDataSource()" method to get
the default data source, but I want to use a DataSource that I mapped with
a key.
By the way, the solution above is not too tied to Tomcat? What if I want
to distribute my application? Do I have to configure Tomcat on the other
machine?
Ciao
Antonio Petrelli