> I think it brings more problems than it solves.

That's a pretty ignorant statement.  Why would you say such a thing?  How
many people or projects are using Tiles (whether successfully or not)?  How
could you possibly know?  So how could you know how many problems it brings?

With any product or feature of any software, the more popular something is,
the more visibility (and critics) it generally has.  Look at Validator.  It
has many critics and many enthusiasts.  I have used Tiles on many projects,
and despite the slight extra memory consumption, the pros far outweigh the
cons.

Just because some feature of some product is complex (and maybe poorly
documented) does not mean "it brings more problems than it solves".

If you don't like the way something is, change it.  If enough people like
your changes, submit them and they will likely be committed.  But comments
like these do not help in making anything better.

--
James Mitchell
EdgeTech, Inc.