I did some research before this before posting, and I apologize if this is a simple stupid question.

With my web-site, a user is going to login, when they enter in the username and password, the data from that user will be retrieved from the database so we can validate the username and password. If the username and password match, I want to store that User in session, or somewhere, so I can keep that information all over the site. The information in the session won't be too large.

Also, when the user creates a new Member to the site, I want to at that time also hold the information in session, or whereever, so ... the question I have is ... would this be the UserDTO information? Because the form-bean information seems to go away and refresh every time we reload the form, so it seems to me that if the user went to edit his information, then I would transfer the UserDTO information (stored in session?) to the form as default values.

Thanks for all the help, and sorry to be a bother ....

                Tom