Yeah, thank you for sheding light on the problem I
have.  My code had worked fine until form validation
was added.

I was testing if validation worked.  Therefore, I
intentionally left all text fields blank, menu not
selected, and submit the form.  Apprarently, the
control returned to the 'content.jsp' due to
validation errors.

Q1. How come I do not see validation warning messages?
 I have prepared validation.xml and put it together
with the validator-rules.xml in the AppName/WEB-INF
directory.  I have also prepared the warning messages
in the
AppName/WEB-INF/classes/resources/application.properties
    corresponding to the value of the 'key'
attributes.

Q2. What should I do?  My action servlet passes this
Collection PageBeans in a request scope to create a
drop-down menu in the 'content.jsp'.  If validation
errors occur and the control returns to the
'content.jsp', I have the error message 'cannot find
bean PageBeans' in scope request'.  How to handle this
kind of situation?

--- Jeff Beal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Caroline Jen wrote:
> > The message is confusing because PageBeans
> (plural) is
> > a Collection of PageBean (singular).  Upon
> successful
> > execution of a servlet, PageBeans (plural) is
> passed
> > in a request scope to help creating a drop down
> menu
> > in 'content.jsp'.  And the 'content.jsp' with the
> > drop-down menu (see the code below) is displayed
> > successfully.  PageBean is a regular JavaBean,
> which
> > currently has only one property called 'name' (I
> keep
> > it simple for testing purpose).
> >
> > This problem occurred when I click on the Submit
> > button of this form in the 'content.jsp'.
> Althouth
> > PageBeans (plural) is used to create a drop-down
> menu
> > in this form, PageBeans (plural) is irrelevant in
> the
> > subsequest steps.  Why do I get '[ServletException
> > in:/frame/content/content.jsp] Cannot find bean
> > PageBeans in scope request' by clicking on the
> Submit
> > button of the form?
>
> Is it possible there is a form validation error
> occurring on submit?
> That would return control to content.jsp and cause
> the error you are
> seeing, I think.
>
> -- Jeff Beal

> [EMAIL PROTECTED]