If search engine placement is a concern for your app, the home page redirect may be a bad idea. We used this instead:

(in index.jsp):
<%@ taglib uri="/tags/struts-logic" prefix="logic" %>
<logic:forward name="indexNoRedirect"/>

(in struts-config):
<forward name="indexNoRedirect" path="/myapp/login.do?method=load" redirect="false"/>

Matt

Mulligan, Scott H wrote:

That worked. I was hoping for a more elegant solution, but it'll do.

Thanks!

Scott Mulligan