Yeah, "similar naming convention" is the key to making it easier on yourself.

Also, as I tried to suggest once before (in a riddle -- "a single key can open many doors" -- ha ha ha grasshoppah), you can store references to many objects under a single attribute key (using structured/nested beans, maps, etc.). Delete the single attribute (perhaps when a user returns to a main view) and you delete the entire tree of references, freeing up all that memory with one statement and without having to write too much conditional code. I'm not sure if this strategy is feasible with Struts session-scoped forms though.

Erik

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi, Erik and Freddz.

I like the idea of having a wizard whose data gets cleaned as soon as it's scope is
left.
How about this: Have all resources for one wizard in a URL subdirectory. Have a
similar naming convention for the resources the wizard leaves in the session. If a
http request comes for an url, the janitor filter could remove all wizard's session
resources that do not match the current request's directory.
This way the janitor could be fairly generic.

Hiran

Hiran Chaudhuri
SAG Systemhaus GmbH
Elsenheimer Straße 11