De: Erik Weber [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Enviado el: jueves, 07 de octubre de 2004 13:26
Para: Struts Users Mailing List
Asunto: Re: cleaning session

Yeah, "similar naming convention" is the key to making it easier on yourself.

Also, as I tried to suggest once before (in a riddle -- "a single key
can open many doors" -- ha ha ha grasshoppah), you can store references
to many objects under a single attribute key (using structured/nested
beans, maps, etc.). Delete the single attribute (perhaps when a user
returns to a main view) and you delete the entire tree of references,
freeing up all that memory with one statement and without having to
write too much conditional code. I'm not sure if this strategy is
feasible with Struts session-scoped forms though.

Erik

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi, Erik and Freddz.

I like the idea of having a wizard whose data gets cleaned as soon as it's

scope is left.

How about this: Have all resources for one wizard in a URL subdirectory.

Have a similar naming convention for the resources the wizard leaves in the
session. If a http request comes for an url, the janitor filter could remove
all wizard's session resources that do not match the current request's
directory.

This way the janitor could be fairly generic.

Hiran

Hiran Chaudhuri
SAG Systemhaus GmbH
Elsenheimer Straße 11