Thanks for all!!

>From Joe:
> > On the other hand, if you actually have this situation, you don't have
> > turn off validation -- simply implement your validation rules so that
they
> > can recognize the distinction.  For example, have all your forms submit
> > hidden field, and have your validation method only evaluate its
validation
> > rules if that field has a defined value. When the page is retrieved
> > without a form submission, this value is not going to be defined.

Joe, do u mean checking the field with "validwhen" using validation.xml or
implement the actionForm.validate() ?
I really want to use the basic struts validation framework instead of
implementing validate() function to minimize the maintainence cost.

>From Eddie:
> Nope.  Perhaps in time the Validation framework will evolve to be smart
> enough that it "knows" (or can) that it doesn't need to validate the form
on
> the first display.  I'm actually kind of surprised this behavior hasn't
been
> added in by now.  Seems it would be simple enough to do, but, perhaps I'm
> oversimplifying in my head.

Thanks for your answer!! that means I've no other choices apart from
changing my program....