Hi Adam,

Thanks for your interest on OzStruts.

Adam Hardy wrote in <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>tak,
>read the pdf intro and i'm still in the dark about what ozstruts
>actually does. I appreciate all of the problem spots you highlight in
>struts, but it's really not clear how your page-driven classes overcome
>them all.

My apology, it's because of my poor English, I guess.

Two key features from OzStruts are
1: Page oriented programming without Action and ActoinForm maze.
2: Consistent pre-population sequence, even on the validation error transition.

>For instance, you want to look up the action class. You have to go
>through the struts-config.xml anyway to get the class for the URL. What
>difference does ozstruts make there? That's just the first point. I see
In OzStruts, all the event handlers, I say listeners, are in Page class, which
represents JSP
page, and only one Aciton class in OzStruts application.
Lookling up the action for given URL path in classic appproach is
equivalent to lookup a listener method in Page class.
Scince the listener name is in URL path, you don't have to see struts-config at
all.

>how there might be some interesting pattern implementations in the way
>the page classes communicate to mask 'transitions', but it's not clear
>at all how.

You'll see this details Developer Guide and sample application code.
Developer Guide includes sequence diagram, too.
Also OzStruts is very samll, so you can trace codes in 10 min.
I hope this document makes you clear,

Tak