A lot of my feelings on this have been posted on another thread, so I
just want to ask one question from Mark's message.

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 10:55:25 +0100, Mark Lowe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[snip]
> As an auxilary point I have no idea why rendering javascript links was
> considered a good option for commandLink. As its the only means of
> generating dynamic menus with the standard tags, it ,means that those
> rancid little spiders that cant read javascript wont be able to index
> the pages.

Can you please describe a technique whereby a hyperlink can submit a
form, *without* using JavaScript?  I'm sure the JSF RI team would be
happy to implement that; we didn't like having to use JavaScript
either, but could not identify a solution that met the submission
requirement.

Note that just composing the correct URL into a hyperlink and doing a
GET doesn't count -- that won't restore the state of the component
tree if the application developer is using client side state saving.

Craig