From: Manisha Sathe [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2005 2:32 PM
To: user@struts.apache.org
Subject: Validator question

I just started learning validator (struts) and developed one small form with
one single field. I used Javascript and serverside validatin both.

Till now i used to put all my jar files inside {Tomcat home}/common/lib and it
was all ok. (I do not want to keep too many copies of jar files inside
different application directories). Till now this seems to be not working.

But when it comes to the validator part ->

If i keep jar files inside {Tomcat home}/common/lib - then validation is not
taking place at all. (Although i can see in view source that JavaScript is
being generted). Even server side validation won't take place.

If i put back all jar files inside {my web application}/WEB-INF/lib directory
it works properly.

Ofcourse i am not expert but this is the observation after long hrs struggle.
Is there any workaround ?

regards
Manisha