On 6 janv. 05, at 18:13, Guillaume Cottenceau wrote:
I also have another filter, the ResponseOverrideFilter used by
displaytag, which appears before the SetCharacterEncodingFilter in my
web.xml. I wonder if it could be interfering with the
SetCharacterEncodingFilter?

Yes, if it reads the request parameters or request stream (by servlets specs). The SetCharacterEncodingFilter should be put first. I think this might be your problem.

Yep. That was it.
I commented out the filter definition for ResponseOverrideFilter and everything displayed as expected.
I then reinstated it, placing it *after* the SetCharacterEncodingFilter in web.xml, and all was still well.

Really, really annoying to bang one's head on such arcana, but oh-so-satisfying when you finally get to the bottom of it. On to the next obscure issue...

Thanks for your help, Guillaume