At 5:22 PM +0000 1/17/05, Pilgrim, Peter wrote:
Should we wait until your commtit code has been marged?
I am interesting in developing some Struts chain
code because I have some requests to build database table report
and browsing on-line applications. Small scale web apps, so it
is an opportunity to test the ease of development and compare
how we use to do it in 1.1 and against what we could do now.

If you want to use commons-chain instead of writing Action classes, this is not something that will change when I commit my code; the nightly builds (and SVN) include the ability to initialize any number of commons-chain Catalogs from XML, as well as the ability to map a command to be executed as part of servicing a specific ActionMapping, in addition to or instead of executing an Action.

From your (admittedly brief) description, I don't see a use case for you modifying the request processing chain itself, which is the area of my work-in-progress. Furthermore, once its committed, I'm expecting some bugs to come scurrying out of the woodwork, which means that you may have trouble getting a good baseline on development time.

Joe

--
Joe Germuska [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://blog.germuska.com "Narrow minds are weapons made for mass destruction" -The Ex