Hallo Robin,

you can save the values from the first form in hidden fields on the second JSP.
With this you will only need one formBean saving all values.

I think it depends on the application which approach is better.

If you have to save the data at the end of both forms, I prefered one form and hidden fields.

If the first select box is only the entrance to forms, then I prefered your approach.

Regards

Sebastian Hennebrüder

----
http:///www.laliluna.de
Tutorials for JSP, JavaServer Faces, Struts, Hibernate and EJB

Robin Ericsson wrote:

Hi,

I'm new to struts and trying to understand all the new things, but this is my problem right now.

I have two forms, one form used for a select-list, and another form that will be dynamically build based on the value selected in the first list.

So, how would I go on doing this? I've come so far that the first form is working through an action-class, but how should I request information from the form in the action and how should I save the dynamic data so it can be used by the view (jsp-page)?

One idea might be to save the data from the first form on http-session, and then in the "viewprepareaction" I store the dynamic generated data on the request as a Collection ?