Excuse me for the bad formatting!

##############################
I had yesterday a general discussion about Threads running in the Servlet-Engine Tomcat.

What i would like to do is to start a Thread over the Struts-Plugin. The Thread self is running in a infinite loop to do something and to sleep for 30sec.

Does anyone have expiriences with this?
I think it shoudn't be a problem when i start the Thread and terminate it when the Application is terminating. But i heard that isn't a best practise to run a thread in Tomcat. But i don't know where...

Greets
Felix Klieber