Actually, I'd keep the decision out of the Action, too.

I would create a TransactionHandler class that does it. You pass it
the information, and it returns information back - it should know
nothing about your web front end, and your web front end should know
as little as possible about the business logic in the backend.

That would also have the added benefit of hiding the strategy pattern
as well, so if you decide that I am smoking crack, and that you want
to implement it a different way, you have an easier time refactoring
and testing (because you do not need struts for the unit tests).

Larry