Do you really need to construct JSPs on-the-fly or do you instead need to
create a template that contains sections that are modified on a
per-student basis?

The student-specific page sounds to me from what you wrote to more or less
just be a links page with links to the classes specific to each student.
That wouldn't require a separate JSP for each, just a database with the
classes a student is taking and perhaps addresses for the pages for each
class.  Just some usual JSP dynamic content there it seems.

By extension, do the same for each class... Don't literally have a JSP for
each class... instead, just have a JSP "template" that you insert the
class information from the database into.

You'd be down to just 2 JSPs for everything.

Am I missing a requirement somewhere?  If not, this seems pretty
straight-forward.

--
Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect