I switched my code to the following jstl tags as suggested.  The first part
works with no problem, but I get no output from the tile attempt except for
the layout being applied with the word "testing".  Do I need to use
<tile:importAttribute/> or some other tag to make the quote bean accessible
from the tile?

 <c:forEach var="quote" items="${quoteForm.quoteValues}">
   <!-- no tile used -->
          <c:out value="${quote.offerPriceLightValue.sizeValue.size}"/>
    <!-- tile attempt -->
    <tiles:insert definition=".quote.list.item" flush="false">
      <tiles:put name="quote" beanName="quote"/>
    </tiles:insert>
  </c:forEach>

I would like to define the following tile definition:

<definition extends=".table.holder" name=".quote">
  <put name="content" value="/quote.jsp"/> </definition>

And have quote.jsp as follows:

      <c:out value="${quote.offerPriceLightValue.sizeValue.size}"/>

Thank you for your time,

Jason Long
CEO and Chief Software Engineer
BS Physics, MS Chemical Engineering