We used the bean framework portion of Spring in a couple applications. It was
very nice when the client decided to not use EJB Facades we could very simply
(less than 10 minutes) switch the whole app over to a POJO Façade. Granted we
wrote the POJO Facades at the time we were developing, and the EJB Facades
delegated to the POJO, but it was still an amazing turn around.

Also it was nice to have the façades pack around an instance of the necessary
DAO(s) that were automagically instantiated when the façade was instantiated at
startup.

I haven't dug into the web framework of Spring, but I do not plan on switching
to it anyway. The IOC aspects of Spring are enough for me.

--
Forums, Boards, Blogs and News in RiA <http://www.boardVU.com>